Fall is by far the best season – I mean football, cozy clothes, and comfort food….what else do you need?!
Here’s one of my favorite super simple comfort food recipes the whole family enjoys! Even better…it’s ready in just 45 minutes!
Here’s what you need:
1 tbsp olive oil
5 medium carrots, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 whole 3-lb chicken
6 oz extra wide egg noodles
2 tbsp fresh dill
Here’s what you’ll do:
· Turn on Instant Pot to sauté setting. Add oil, carrots, celery, garlic onion, 1 tbsp salt and pinch of pepper. Stir while cooking until vegetables are slightly softened (4-5 minutes)
· Add chicken and 8 cups of water to Instant Pot. Follow appliance’s directions for locking lid and set to pressure cook on high for 20 minutes.
· After cooking is complete, quick release pressure. Once finished, unlock and remove the lid. Use tongs to remove the chicken from the pot and put into a large bowl. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
· Switch Instant Pot to high sauté setting and bring soup to a boil, then add noodles and cook for 4-5 minues.
· While noodles are cooking, use 2 forks to remove the skin and bones from the chicken and shred meat into bite-sized pieces. Season chicken with salt and pepper then add the meat back to the pot and add dill. Season soup with additional salt and pepper to taste.
There’s just something about cozying up with comfort food that makes me so excited for the change in the seasons!