Running out of snack ideas you can feel good about feeding to your family? Try out these no-bake granola bars! Plus, they contain no tree nuts, gluten or dairy – so even those with common food allergies can enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
¾ cup dates, pitted
1 ½ cup gluten free oats
Dash of sea salt
¼ cup sunflower seed butter
¼ cup raw maple syrup (or agave)
¼ cup Enjoy Life (or other allergy-friendly) chocolate chips
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper
- In a food processor or blender, pulse dates until chopped. They will start to come together near the blade forming a “ball”
- Add chopped dates to a large bowl with oats and sea salt.
- Melt sunflower seed butter in the microwave by heating for a few seconds until warm. Add sunflower seed butter and syrup (or agave) to the bowl.
- Mix ingredients together well.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips.
- Add mixture to pan.
- Press mixture down with a spatula to create a flat, even surface.
- Place in fridge or freezer to allow bars to firm up before cutting.
- Cut and store in a Ziploc bag or air-tight container.
Super simple! These are delicious and my kiddos always ask for more once the batch is gone! Plus, you’ll feel good about what you’re giving them. Win-win!